Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Jeff Gannon Vs. Helen Thomas

(Note - Again I want to give credit to bolson who left a diary at Daily Kos which matched Jeff Gannon to comments at White House briefings by ingeniously searching whitehouse.gov for the word "Jeff" and comparing audio clips. But that isn't how I made this connection, I'll show you how I did it at the end of this post. While my way still isn't definitive proof, hopefully someone out there in the blogosphere can do a tivo search or something and find video proof (umm i still haven't seen that Olbermann video that Frank Rich wrote about so maybe it's already been established..if then...whoops)

It's kind of interesting that so many right-wingers (Butt Fumes, Inaccuracy In Media and Impossibly Expensive Republic to rename a few) tried to defend the presence of Jeff Fugazi Gannon of Talon Fugazi News owned by Bobby Fugazi Eberle of GOPFUGAZIUSA, by attacking a real journalist, Helen Thomas, for being just as partisan. Actually, Jeff Gannon has attacked Helen himself for attempting to get between America and the "truth."

Check out this transcript of a White House press briefing conducted by Scott McClellan who seems to prefer the fugazi over the real in his job as a liasson to the press (transcript):

MR. McCLELLAN: Two question a day. Go ahead, Jeff.

Q Thank you.

Q Calhoun. (Laughter.)

Q I have a question.

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm coming to you, Helen.

Q Last Friday, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report that shows that Ambassador Joe Wilson lied when he said his wife didn't put him up for the mission to Niger. The British inquiry into their own prewar intelligence yesterday concluded that the President's 16 words were "well-founded." Doesn't Joe Wilson owe the President and America an apology for his deception and his own intelligence failure?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, one, let me point out that I think those reports speak for themselves on that issue. And I think if you have questions about that, you can direct that to Mr. Wilson.

Q Well, we spent so many weeks here dissecting the 16 words that are now absolutely true. Don't you think --

Q How do you know that?

Q Excuse me, Helen. Don't you think that America deserves the opportunity to have this information brought forward, as well?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I noticed the media reports on this very issue over the weekend.

Q There were very few of them.

MR. McCLELLAN: And I certainly recognize that it was getting a lot of attention previously. But I think the reports speak for themselves on it.

Bolson from DK attributed a second question about Jeff on Taiwan, but I haven't confirmed that yet (using my secret...but I'll leave it to others to seek because I gotta move on to the next story...also...there's a good chance Jeff took these questions directly from a real journalist's newspaper article....that's the Talon News way...so someone check that too), and then finally Helen Thomas, who used to go first, got to ask the last question of the press briefing: "Does the President -- does the United States harbor or hold secret detainees who are not available to the International Red Cross?" But that question was ducked. No surprise.

I know that the question came from the lips of disgraced "newsman" Jeff Gannon because he mentioned it in this article on July 16, 2004: "RNC Blasts Kerry for Continuing to Support Disgraced Diplomat" (cache link).

I'm gonna let every interested blogger in on a secret. Do you want to know how many times a fake-ass news organization like Talon News/GOPUSA got to ask questions during White House Press Briefings, Congressional Briefings and rare-and-oh-so-short Presidential Press Conferences? Then google "told Talon News."

If you want to know how many Republicans are lying when they say they don't know who Bobby Eberle is...then add his name to that same search.

(Note - I'd like to thank Tim Thomas of the New York Knicks for his help in contributing to this post. And...on that note...don't want to brag...bullshit...I do...but, right now, I feel like I'm the Stephon Marbury of bloggers...in more ways than one...third in the league in assists, 20 ppg deserves All Star status and we can dish it out as hard as we can take it)


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?