Saturday, December 13, 2003

My O'Franken Factor Feed

(4-13-04)I spent close to two hours, today, on hold, waiting to talk with Al Franken & Katherine Lanpher on Air America Radio's "The O'Franken Factor." Unfortunately, with fifteen minutes left in the show, I clipped the receiver with my ear and disconnected myself (not the first time I've clumsily done this), so I never got a chance to go on air. At the very least, I was able to listen in on a static-free broadcast (for once) over the phone. At one point, while waiting, I had to run to the bathroom (all-the-while, frantically hoping, that I wouldn't go live to "parts-of-America" in mid-stream). Earlier, Al had asked his audience to call in with questions to ask Dubya during the evening's prime-time press conference. He also wanted us to provide nicknames for the President to call us when picked (in Ron Suskind's "The Price of Loyalty" former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill [a.k.a Pablo and Big O] denounces this as a schoolyard bully's tactic). I chose "Pretzel-head" because I figured my questions might make him choke. The question I would have asked: "Why can't you get your story straight about your actions on September 11th, 2001? You've told different stories on different occasions. Specifically, when and where, did you first see video of the first plane striking the World Trade Center on 9-11?"


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?