Thursday, November 11, 2004

Fallujah Now, Here Next?

I never ever thought that stuff like this could happen in America. But it's happening for real.

Tas at Loaded Mouth posted a link to MyDD which has a link to the video from which this picture originated.

LA Indymedia: LOS ANGELES, November 9, 2004 - At 7:50 PM two armored tanks showed up at an anti-war protest in front of the federal building in Westwood. The tanks circled the block twice, the second time parking themselves in the street and directly in front of the area where most of the protesters were gathered. Enraged, some of the people attempted to block the tanks, but police quickly cleared the street. The people continued to protest the presence of the tanks, but about ten minutes the tanks drove off. It is unclear as to why the tanks were deployed to this location.

In New York City, a day after the election, a small protest took place in Union Square Park. I stopped by on my way to work and, at the time, the crowd numbered about fifty, most of them women. I wish I could've joined them but I was already late getting to my job. I was a little bit disappointed in the size of the crowd, though.

Later that evening I read this article onNYC.Indymedia.org: "Tonight around 6pm in Union Square the police came in from behind on a small crowd gathered post election. What made tonight's backward approach by the NYPD different, is that tonight they had their fingers on the triggers of machine guns."

Oh, Marvin, what's going on?

What's next? Will F-16s be deployed against our schools? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. That already happened: Gunnery Flights Haults After Mishap


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?