Thursday, November 04, 2004

Sure, Like He Cares About Us

Lowlights from Bush's post-before-all-the-votes-are-counted-election press conference today (Transcript):

Bush: "I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals."

Bush: "Now that I've got the will of the people at my back, I'm going to start enforcing the one-question rule. That was three questions."

Bush: "What were the other parts of your question?" Reporter: "Iraq." Bush: "Oh, Iraq, yeah."

Bush: "Again, he violated the one-question rule right off the bat. Obviously you didn't listen to the will of the people."

Bush: "And of course, and the Iraq issue is one that people disagreed with. And I -- there's no need to rehash my case, but I -- I did so, I made the decision I made, in order to protect our country, first and foremost. I will continue to do that as the president, but as I do so I will reach out to others and explain why I make the decisions I make.

Bush: "My answer to people is I will be your president regardless of your faith, and I don't expect you to agree with me, necessarily, on religion."


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?