Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dear Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit

I sent this e-mail to Mr. Reynolds of Instapundit last Wednesday:

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:44:15 -0800 (PST) From: "Ron Brynaert" Subject: Ricky Vandal's "Win A Record Deal" Hoax To: pundit@instapundit.com Dear Mr. Reynolds,

You probably never heard of my blog, especially because our blogs are completely the opposite.

I've exposed a hoaxter (along with another intrepid liberal blogger or two who are linked to on my blog) who you have provided links to...and who devised a scam to make money from ads by pretending to hold a weekly contest. Your email address is listed on that website...so I wouldn't be surprised if you've gotten email about this (though you might have only thought it was weird spam. I have about 8 posts about Ricky Vandal (or lindsayslover or halibot22 or, as you may remember him, Ricky of The New Soldier) at my blog and there are links to others.

Do you just link to anyone? This guy is obviously cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs and was easily traceable (that is to his other blogs like ilovejennabush and his wacky religion homepage). I just ask that question in respect to all of the recent grumblings about "vetting of sources."

Peace Ron Brynaert www.whyareweback.blogspot.com

Shortly after I sent this e-mail, Ricky Vandal made a switch to his Win A Record Deal blog (link below). Even though he still hasn't replaced the link to the sponsors so that aspiring pop stars can properly enter the "competition", Ricky has removed the e-mail address of Mr. Glenn Reynolds the Instapundit and replaced it with Wonkette's instead.

Are Ricky Vandal and Glenn Reynolds e-mail buddies? (more tomorrow).


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?