Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Keep Making Those Calls!

I just made phone calls to my two New York representatives in the Senate, Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer to urge them to contest the election results tomorrow. I didn't vote for Chuck - nor do I like him - so I didn't speak long to the person who answered the phone, and nor did she to me.

But, unsurprisingly, the woman who answered the phone at Mrs. Clinton's office was very cordial and courteous. I asked her if a lot of people were calling, and she chuckled and said, "Yes, every minute." Then I asked if they were keeping track of all the calls and she replied, "Yep, we sure are."

If you haven't called any Senators, yet, please do so as soon as possible. Senators Feinstein, Boxer, McCain, Clinton and Leahy should be near the top of your call list.

Once again, the toll-free phone number for the switchboard in Washington which will connect you with any Senator of your choice is 1 (877) 762-8762.

UPDATE - Other senators I called today included Barack Obama, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, John McCain, Bill Nelson and Pat Leahy. Check the comments for what I left in McCain's mailbox. And feel free to comment yourself.

You can also write me at ronbrynaert@yahoo.com. I answer all my e-mails. Even the ones that question my patriotism. Especially the ones that question my patriotism. But I warn you...I bite hard. Sometime soon, I'm going to post an article about some of my exchanges, but unlike New York Times "Public" Advocate Daniel Okrent I won't betray them by revealing their names or e-mail addresses.


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?