Saturday, February 19, 2005

Bobby Eberle Exploited 9/11

(As per my rights due to the Fair Use Doctrine, I'm going to show more than I normally show from a thread at the Free Republic Website...since most of the Freepers that commented on this disturbing - to say the least (fucking low down, shameful and despicable to say the most) - bit of promotion come off looking pretty well (plus this is how Freepers feel about it: Fair Use Thread)...I hope the only one that will be pissed off is Dr. Bobby Eberle, plagiarist and hirer of plagiarists, a guy who did all he could to go for the gold after one of the worst days in America's history)

One month after September 11, 2001, Bobby Eberle posted an article at his "activist" Website entitled "GOPUSA requests viewer input on eagle photo for possible poster." So far, I haven't been able to turn up a working cache of the posted article but at a quarter after noon on that very same day a Freeper by the name of callisto posted something about it at the Free Republic Website (one month after 9/11) in the News/Current Events section then bumped it to the top (bttp) five times in the next five minutes (my comments appear in paranthesis):

GOPUSA requests viewer input on eagle photo for possible poster gopusa.com ^ 10.11.01 gopusa

Posted on 10/11/2001 12:14:00 PM PDT by callisto

GOPUSA has this beautiful pic up:

They are taking email responses to let them know what we think of it.

respond to eagle@gopusa.com


TOPICS: Miscellaneous; News/Current Events KEYWORDS:
1 posted on 10/11/2001 12:14:00 PM PDT by callisto

To: callisto
heads up conservatives!
2 posted on 10/11/2001 12:15:32 PM PDT by callisto


(Obviously callisto knew enough about the site to learn something about keeping a thread alive. Interestingly, callisto had just joined the Free Republic Website a few days earlier on October 5, 2001 (flag profile). But in the hundreds of posts that callisto has written over the last three-and-a-half years, Bobby's Websites were never mentioned again, at least I couldn't find any.)

(It didn't take long for a few Freepers to notice that Bobby's eagle had hair.)

With all due respect, wrong eagle. The Bald Eagle is the official bird (Eagle) of the United States.
5 posted on 10/11/2001 12:18:47 PM PDT by DoughtyOne


Looks like a golden eagle instead of a bald eagle.
6 posted on 10/11/2001 12:19:31 PM PDT by mdittmar


I can't believe the folks at GOPUSA posted this photo. Don't they know what a bald eagle looks like?
They may as well have posted a picture of a buzzard.
13 posted on 10/11/2001 12:34:59 PM PDT by Alberta's Child


(One Freeper was concerned that Bobby's "message" might be "perverted")


agreed...wrong eagle and the phrase will be perverted to "America will have her way" . While i like the sound of that, I don't think it's the message of the day....
15 posted on 10/11/2001 12:40:00 PM PDT by snorkeler


(Soon, Freepers began questioning Bobby's intentions:)


And this is going out as a fund raiser? I think it's at least a little crass to be raising political money with a poster of NYC.

Have a little sympathy.

16 posted on 10/11/2001 12:42:47 PM PDT by Vladiator


I have to agree with you: we all beat up the RATS for doing a fundraiser in the name of "honoring" firefighters up in New Hampshire last week. It's a really nice poster, but seems a bit exploitative to me as well.

P.S. - What the heck is that red logo above 'GOPUSA' supposing to represent?? I can't even come up with a guess.

25 posted on 10/11/2001 1:01:50 PM PDT by alancarp


(Almost exactly one hour after callisto started the thread, Bobby Eberle joined the conversation, this was his second promotional post on the Free Republic Website that day.)

Greetings to All!

First, I'd like to thank you for all the great comments on the GOPUSA picture. I'm not sure who originally posted it to FreeRepublic, but I appreciate it. Second, I'd like to clear a few things up. This picture is NOT intended for any type of fundraiser. We simply made it as a way of expressing our feelings about the September 11 attacks. As someone who witnessed the jet airliner crashing into the Pentagon, I was very moved by the event, so I wanted to create something that expressed my feelings. GOPUSA made the image available on the web site for anyone to download.

Also, I'm well aware that it is not a bald eagle. However, when I was laying out the GOPUSA web site, I wanted to use eagles, and the best picture I found was of a golden eagle. It may not be the symbol of the US, but it is a symbol of GOPUSA.

Finally, the GOPUSA logo is something I created. Because of my love for flying and my background as an aerospace engineer, I wanted to do something "eagle-like" but abstract. So, what I came up with is what you see. It is our "right wing" symbol. It's an abstract eagle's wing.
,br /> Thanks again for all the feedback.

Bobby

*************************************************
Robert R. Eberle, Ph.D.
President and CEO, GOPUSA
GOPUSA - Bringing the conservative message to the Internet
Web: http://gopusa.com
*************************************************
29 posted on 10/11/2001 1:16:18 PM PDT by gopusa.com

(Bobby started this Freeper account on March 17, 2001 but he didn't post anything until September 27th. His first post was a link to an article he wrote eight days after 9/11 called Now, More Than Ever, America Needs a Missile Defense System (cache link)

Ummmm, okay, Bobby if that's what you say. Of course, this article you wrote wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you worked for Lockheed Martin, now would it.

More on Bobby and 9-11 later

My Talon News/GOPUSA Archives


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?