Friday, July 01, 2005

Not So Deep Throat

Editor and Publisher has just posted a partial transcipt of tonight's McLaughlin Group show: "MSNBC Analyst Says Cooper Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case."

MSNBC political analyst Lawrence O'Donnell let loose with this whopper:

"And I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time magazine's going to do with the grand jury."

If true, then it seems bizarre to me that Matt Cooper and Judith Miller are being persecuted. Wouldn't it be better to just sweep this all under the rug?

I still stand by my prior post, that journalists shouldn't be forced to reveal their sources.

But if Karl was the leaker, and that he outted Valerie Plame, a covert CIA agent, in partial payback for Joe Wilson's New York Times article that disproved the Iraq/Niger uranium story, then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and be forced to walk the plank.

If true, Karl Rove committed a crime, plain and simpletonish, and - as slippery as he is - I don't see how he will be able to worm his way out of it.

(Hat tip to Atrios for posting a speculative post - he heard about it and was waiting for the Tivo broadcast - which prompted me to google search for confirmation.)

UPDATE: Tas trackbacked to me, and also found a post by Lawrence O'Donnell at The Huffington Post:

"Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source. Too many people know this. It should break wide open this week. I know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it tomorrow."

In a subsequent post, Tas took dead aim at the myth of the liberal press:

"These people are in the media and they've known it for years, yet none of them revealed it."

"Liberal media my ass. This is practically state run and controlled fucking propaganda..."

I'll say.


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?