Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Brothers McClellan

The Brothers McClellan co-emceed an Air Force One press gaggle on Monday.

Most of the gaggle was devoted to Hurricane Katrina, but a few questions were asked about President Bush's Tuesday visit to a San Diego naval station where he is expected to make up "some comparisons there between the murderous ideology that we were -- that we joined together to defeat back in World War II and the murderous ideology that we're working to defeat today."

Check out how the brother who's not a doctor expertly handled this question: "Will he be meeting with any families of war dead?"

"Let me just double check. Let me just double check that. There might be -- I think there are some wounded troops that are there, but let me just double check that. I'll get you more information on that later today. And I'll try to give you a little bit more of a preview. He's still been working on the draft for tomorrow. That's why I didn't want to go too much further into it. But, I mean, I think you should look at it overall as a commemorative speech."

In case you missed the humanity:

"I think there are some wounded troops that are there, but let me just double check that."

I'll give Press Secretary Scott McClellan the benefit of the doubt and blame it on all the confusion with his brother hanging around his job.

Most people tend to remember when they invite widows and orphans to their parties.

Not to mention wounded troops.

I guess the important thing is that Scotty remembered the gist of President Bush's commemorative speech.

Right?


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?