Thursday, March 23, 2006

Charlie Sheen digs Alex Jones

From my article at Raw Story, Controversial Charlie Sheen 9/11 interview begins to attract media attention:

An interview with actor Charlie Sheen regarding his controversial views on 9/11 has started to garner some mainstream media attention, RAW STORY has found.

On Monday, Sheen, star of the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men" and the multiple Oscar-winning film Platoon, talked with GCN Radio Network's "The Alex Jones Show," and explained why he had trouble believing the "official 9/11 story" advanced by the Bush Administration and the 9/11 Commission.

"It's like they want to pigeonhole all of us into conspiracy nutbags when we're not debating things that are related to UFO's bringing down the towers or Building 7 or the Pentagon and so its feels like there's things in there that we’re not the conspiracy theorists on this particular issue," said Sheen. "It seems to me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four commercial airliners and hitting 75 percent of their targets: that feels like a conspiracy theory."

....

Many outlets may be shying away from the interview due to fear of being associated with the controversial Alex Jones, who has written extensively about a purported plot by several governments to compose a "New World Order." According to Wikipedia, Jones rejects being labelled a "conspiracy theorist" and prefers to be known as an "independent investigative journalist."

"Let me say that I've been a fan of yours for a long time," Sheen told Jones in the interview. "I've been a fan of your documentaries. Your research is tireless and it's interesting because a lot of these guys you sort of look behind their notes and you start to discover their inconsistencies in a lot of the claims they are making which torpedoes the credibility of most of their substance, but with you that is not the case."

Did I ever tell you about the time I ran into Alex Jones at a Burger King in New York City during the Republican National Convention?

It was close to midnight on the last night of the convention, not long after Bush's speech, and I had just left the front of a crowd of thousands who were lined up to protest outside Madison Square Garden. Dying of thirst, exhausted, and exhilarated from an interview I gave to Japanese television - another story - I fought through the tightly packed crowd penned in by the largest police force probably ever assembled in this country, and stumbled into a nearby BK and said, "Hey, you're Alex Jones."

Jones was cool and friendly in person. I mentioned something about how much I enjoyed his part in Richard Linklater's animated film "Waking Life." I think he may have been eating a fish sandwich, if you're interested.

(Longtime readers may remember I posted a photo of Jones at this blog that I took near ground zero during the 2004 RNC...but the photo link expired...one of these days I'll upload all of the photos I took then...there were many great ones I never posted)

The rest of my article on Sheen is at Raw Story at this link.

Something I should have made hey-hay of more in my article:

The Sheen story ran at a few conservative Websites on Wednesday including Human Events Online and Red State, referring to Jones' radio show as "left wing" or "liberal."

Here's Paul Joseph Watson on that partisan attempt to attack the left (link):

Alex Jones a liberal? That one's going to keep us laughing all through until next winter! Alex Jones cut his teeth bashing Bill Clinton and in his youth even campaigned for Republicans before waking up to the false left-right paradigm. Within 10 seconds of meeting Alex Jones anyone would know that he is not a liberal. But in the upside down world of neo-cons and neo-libs, where the drumbeat of state worship has flipped them over so many times that they aren't even sure of their own phony political labels, Alex Jones is a liberal.

If George W. Bush, an assault weapons ban supporting, amnesty loving, abortion supporting, biggest spender on federal government ever, faux cowboy from Kennebunkport Maine is a conservative then I guess we're all Hollywood liberals. In truth both Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen are real conservatives, adhering to the legacy of the founding fathers who advocated constant vigilance of government.

(I see Prison Planet posted my article: link. Alex, you should know better than to print full articles instead of just excerpts....kind of uncool...)


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?