Friday, March 03, 2006

Cunningham 'crashed and burned'

Believe it or not.

Former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, sentenced to 8 years, 4 months in prison for taking $2.4 million in bribes in return for unduly influencing the awarding of Defense Department contracts, was once the "inspiration" for the '80s Tom Cruise movie "Top Gun."

And he sured did cash in on that connection.

Cunningham has a Website called Top Gun Enterprises Inc. at www.topguninc.com which he used to hawk an autobiogaphy called "Fox Two," a 35 minute VHS video called "TOP GUN The Story Behind The Story," and the Randy "Duke" Cunningham Fighter Ace Buck Knife.

Continued at Raw Story.

(and off-topic - but just as hilarious - Raw Story has been threatened by one of Jack Abramoff's buddies: Amy Ridenour can kiss my ass - not really the title...but it works for me)

OFF TOPIC

It seems like the Associated Press has added a clarification to their couple day old "Bush knew the levees were breached story" late Friday night. I'll post more about that later but I just wanted to point out that in my last post I noted that right wing blogs that were critical of the story had a right to be...but that Captain Ed is still either completely retarded or was deliberately lying when he pointed to partial transcripts as evidence.

It appears that one of the writers of the A.P. article once may have worked for 60 Minutes II as a producer (it's what many of the right leaning blogs have been reporting and it seems likely to me). What the fuck is going on?

If the word breach wasn't used in any of the tapes then they shouldn't have used it against Bush.

Update

...and I guess I should add redaction

Removed last two sentences cause I wrote it in a hurry late last night, stupidly mixed up a governor with a senator, and I'm working on a further post on this. Meanwhile. Aside from Drudge, this USAToday blog is one of the few places to read the A.P. clarification.


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?